The Gilded Cabinet (“We“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use, Terms and Conditions of Sale and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thegildedcabinet.co.uk (“our site”) including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, ordering from us or contacting us. This information can include your name, address, email address, contact telephone numbers and credit or debit card details.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. These cookies collect information, and are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, which is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To send you catalogues or emails with information on our products and services which might be of interest to you where you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or click the unsubscribe box on our website.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
REMOVAL OF INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU
Your right of removal can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Please email [email protected]
If you need to contact us for any reason our contact details are as follows:
The Gilded Cabinet
29 Anstey Road
OR at [email protected]